Company: Easterseals Capper Foundation ("ESCF")
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: As negotiated
Reporting Relationship: President and CEO
The primary function of the Vice President (“VP”) of Development is to provide the leadership and vision to achieve the fundraising goals and objectives of the organization. The VP of Development has the primary responsibility for managing a comprehensive development plan to ensure a broad-base of community awareness, involvement and support to obtain the resources necessary to fund Capper services and provide additional funds for long-term investments. To achieve these goals, the VP of Development manages fundraising activities and volunteer services.
- Works with the Development team to plan, implement and evaluate all resource development, special events, sponsorships, major and planned gifts and the stewardship of all gifts donated to Easterseals Capper Foundation (“ESCF”).
- Provides leadership and vision to meet and exceed the fundraising goals of ESCF. Cultivates and builds strong relationships with individuals, community groups, foundations and businesses/corporations.
- Identifies and develops relationships with new and emerging philanthropists.
- Develops successful cultivation and solicitation strategies to ensure major donor’s ongoing commitment. Personally solicits gifts from individuals, businesses, foundations and community organizations using appropriate constituencies and resources.
- Enlists, motivates and supports leadership, trustees, volunteers and staff in fundraising efforts. Works as a collaborative team player to ensure charitable funds continue to grow and builds new relationships to fund ESCF for the future.
- Develops and implements donor engagement opportunities to create awareness and potential for new donors for the organization.
- Research and identify grant opportunities and prepare applications that fit the funder’s initiatives, as well as ESCF funding priorities.
- Creates and implements strategies and goals for fundraising campaigns, including preparation and development of budget, timelines and coordination of all fundraising activities in a proactive manner.
- Recommends and executes appropriate means to acknowledge, recognize and thank donors to ensure good stewardship of all funds contributed. Reports results achieved and their impact on the organization’s constituents.
- Supports the ESCF and all of its activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in managing fundraising, including managing successful and innovative development and advancement programs and strategies required.
- Experience developing campaign strategies and successfully executing campaigns of a significant scale.
- Significant leadership/management experience for both staff and volunteers in a non-profit environment and working knowledge of philanthropic community.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Office software and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fund management software.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals and institutions, as well as managing a personal portfolio of major gifts donors and prospects.
- Self starter who is challenged by high expectations and significant responsibility and able to exercise his/her authority independently to effectively accomplish goals and objectives.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and translate information for all audiences and to be an articulate, outgoing and motivational spokes person for ESCF.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with an ability to quickly establish credibility with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Innovative and creative thinker who generates new ideas to accomplish organization objectives.
- Must possess unquestionable integrity, ethics and values appropriate to a non-profit operating environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of development in a not-for-profit human service organization.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Pass background checks and drug test per ESCF procedures.
- Regularly required to speak and hear, sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.